Sunday 13 May 2012

giant sardine fish cushions

A couple of weeks ago I collected a bag of fabric from a community scape project based in Hackney. Inside the bag was these large pieces of silver PVC fabric off cuts and sample swatches.  With a few days free over a weekend I went about making these giant sardine fish cushions for the children in our playground where I work.


Originally I placed them in our small sensory area inside the play hut but since then I have found them outside in the tree houses, dens and even the sandpit. It's been really funny watching the children drag them around the playground under their arms as the cushions are bigger then some of them. I'm thinking about making a sardine tin out of foam and more fish as additional play items! They make me smile everytime I pop my head into the sensory area mainly becuase of their size!


1 comment: